Following government guidance the studio will be opening again on July 4th. I am so excited to get back to work but I need to ensure that this is done safely to protect both my clients and my own family. Newborn safety has always been my priority, in fact I train and mentor other photographers in safe handling and posing. Many government guidlines are things that I do in the studio anyway but there will be some additional extras to ensure that I am Covid safe.
Covid Safety Procedures:
- Only one session a day to allow time to clean the studio between sessions.
- All blankets and props to be washed after every session.
- Blankets and outfits that cannot be washed (fur for example) will be quarantined for 72 hours. This will mean that not all props are available at every session.
- Only one parent to attend the session where possible. Siblings and family photos will be done at the beginning or end of the session to reduce the amount of time in the studio. It is essential that you tell me who wishes to be photographed before the session so I can plan in advance.
- I will be wearing PPE throughout the session. This will include an apron and N95 mask.
- Masks are also available for parents to wear in the studio.
- All shoes and other items such as coats will be removed at the door. Only essential equipment will be brought into the studio.
- Doors to the studio will be open and must not be touched by clients. Please also refrain from touching walls and rails while walking to the studio where possible.
- Hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser are available in the studio. I will be regularly using hand sanitiser throughout the session.
- Hand sanitiser must be applied at the front door before entering.
- Studio bathroom will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every session. The bathroom is for clients only.
- Parents are required to stay at one end of the studio (sofa and bathroom area) and not to approach me or move closer to watch their baby.
- Photographs that require a parent spotter will not be done at this time.
- The sofa will be covered with a removable throw that can be washed after every session.
- Albums and print boxes will not be available for you to look at closely but can be viewed without touching.
- Session times will be reduced so this may mean less set ups or less time spent adjusting poses. If babies or siblings are unsettled in a pose or set up I will move on.
- I will not be providing baby wipes, cloths or cotton wool to use in the studio so please bring your own. Parents must change their baby
- No refreshments will be provided so please bring drinks and snack with you. Please remove all of your rubbish at the end of the session.
- If anyone in your household experiences covid-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, or tests positive for covid-19 the session will need to be postponed for at least 14 days.
- If I, or any of my family, experience covid-19 symptoms or test positive I will self isolate for 14 days and all sessions will be rescheduled.
- Sessions will be scheduled at least 14 days after leaving hospital.
- Once the session has begun the baby will not be passed back to parents unless they are distressed or need feeding.
- I will not provide bottle warming facilities such as hot water bowls.
- Windows will be open to allow for ventilation.
- Model releases and other documents will be sent electronically rather than being signed in the studo.
- Viewing sessions will now take place online via zoom.
If you have any concerns or questions about the above procedures please do get in touch.
You May Also Like
June 29, 2020
March 28, 2020
March 3, 2020